In an industry centered on the arts, it's no surprise that we've come across some amazing theatre tattoos and lighting themed ink over the years. Here, we've gathered tattoo submissions and stories from our fans. Thank you to everyone who contributed. We're inspired by you and your artists' creativity!
Spotlights & flowers
- Submitted by Jazzy Birdsong (@jazzynightbird), Tattoo by Diana DeAugustine (@diana_deaug)
- Submitted by Ivo Molina (@ivoluces)
- Submitted by Joseph Weldeon (@oneeyedpug13), tattoo by Eric Nelson
Skeletons at work
- Submitted by Elizabet Sapiezko (@babybuzzed), tattoo by Aga from Chitown Tattoo
- Submitted by Abigail Fluck (@21afluck), tattoo by Jazz Chao (@jazzchaotatz)
A splash of color
- Submitted by Cat Marie Cochran (@cat.cochran_lighting_design), tattoo by Brad Bellante of Human Canvas Tattoo (@bradbellantetattoos)
- Submitted by Ty Cunningham, tattoo by @d_minusofficial
- Submitted by Sean Webster, tattoo by Danny at Hollow Hearts Tattoo (@d.ink96)
Source Four diagrams
- Submitted by Cheralynn Yeo, tattoo by @ilwolhongdam
- Submitted by Jesse Barone, tattoo by Julian Louis (@julianlouistattoo)
- Submitted by Noah Abrams (@noah.b.aa)
- Submitted by Tracy Abercrombie: "I got this Source Four tattoo because it was the first theatrical equipment/light that I worked with back in high school tech drama and continues to be the most common fixture I work with in theatre and as an ETC authorized service provider with LCS."
- Submitted by @sedemminut, Tattoo by @tattoo.think.ink
- Submitted by Clifford Spulock (@cslightingdesign), tattoo by @daveycxc of @sogtattoos
- Submitted by Franklin Krzyzewski, Tattoo by Vanessa of Ink Buster Tattoo (@pmubyvanessa)
Check out the video of Cheralynn's tattoo below!
- HPL 575 tattoo submitted by Joe Watrach (@joe.watrach), tattoo by @beatdown of @greatlakestattoo
- GLC lamp tattoo submitted by Tealy (@tealy_marie)
- Seattle Space Needle inside an HPL 750 submitted by Taylor H. Whitmire (@lighting_guy_thw), tattoo by Tyler Sherer (@tylersherer) of @direwolftattoo
Time for a close up!
- Submitted by Pamela López (@le_pam639), tattoo by Iván Cabrera (@inkvan.tattoos)
- Submitted by Amara Payton McNeil (@mrtripl3a), tattoo by Red at Redink Tattoo Studio (@redinktattoo76): "Here’s a few different lights some of my fellow LDs and I got. We’re all students in the Fordham Theatre Program"
- Submitted by Quentin J. Mariano (@theatrewolf)
Fixtures and botanicals
- Submitted by Jess McNabb (@jicnabb), Tattoo by Kate of @wallflowerink
- Submitted by Paige Vick (@paigevick08), tattoo by Katie E (@katies_cakeless_tattoos)
- Submitted by Clayton Fournival (@thetheatergeek)
More Source Four love
- Submitted by Dominic Crossman (@dclx_dom), tattoo by Luke Eli (@luke.alive.arts)
- Submitted by Kasey Vivian Childs, Tattoo by Katie of Mayhem Tattoo in Salem, NH
- Submitted by Molly Tiede-Schroer (@mollytd5)
- Submitted by Kristen Hanley (@kristen_marie_26), tattoo by Arran V (@arranv.tattooer)
- Submitted by Alex Hicks
Focus on lighting
Submitted by Chris Gardner (@ctg.lighting), tattoo by Sean Amlie (@seanamlie_tattoo)
"The banner has a quote from my tech mentor that passed away in 2020:
'Here's to us
Who's like us
And they're dead'
- Submitted by Neil Foulis: "Mine represents the mix of technology and light that is my career. And the lines stretching towards my hand represent the fact I use my hands as a programmer to shape the light. I'm now the Chief Electrician at the Theatre Royal in Glasgow. But also still work as a freelance lighting programmer, obviously on Eos!"
- Submitted by Stefan Didizian (L2/systems tech for Tame Impala): "Gotta have some Hog love"
A handy reminder
And finally, a "self inflicted tattoo as a reminder of stage directions" submitted by Andrew Bragg (@chillemdafoe)