With 2019 underway, we’re taking a moment to put our “best of” content from last year in the spotlight. In 2018, we had many meaningful conversations about topics such as LED technology, OSC, Eos tools, ETC culture, and more. Catch up on our 10 most popular blog posts from 2018, and stay tuned for more enlightening stories, guest posts, and tips to come in 2019!
1. Introducing #lighthack: The community-supported Eos project kit
This introductory blog post discusses the ETC Labs community and walks through the concept of #lighthacking.
2. A recipe to master: LED color mixing
Get the lowdown on LED color mixing as well as handy tips on how to mix the perfect color with Eos.
3. It’s about time!: How SMPTE works
Lighting Designer Roman Vakulyuk talks about the ins and outs of synchronization and SMPTE.
4. A designer’s Eos Toolkit: Why build a template file?
This post kicks off the series contributed by Lighting Designer Cory Pattak on Eos show file setup from his perspective.
5. Electrical diversity, revisited
Lighting legend Steve Terry explores diversity requirements and what they mean to lighting users.
6. Out of control: Magic Sheets—To display or to control?
Nick Gonsman of ETC NYC sheds light on Display Focus, Control Tabs, and Magic Sheets.
8. Secrets of ETC’s Town Square
Explore all the hidden details in the design of ETC’s Town Square.
9. From the Museum: Early Gio console prototypes
Take a look at some industrial design prototypes for the Gio console.
10. Think you know color? Grab some LEDs or gel, and try this chocolatey experiment.
Color rendering just got sweeter with this candy-based experiment.
What other topics would you like to see covered in ETC’s blog? Send your ideas to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.